Arteta is the new Arsenal manager!

For discussion of all other Football & Sports
Sommey

Arteta is the new Arsenal manager!

Post by Sommey » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Seems an odd choice given how they’ve been struggling recently. Thought they’d have tried to get a more experienced manager like Ancelotti.

Best of luck to him though!

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Re: Arteta is the new Arsenal manager!

Post by Jack Sparrow » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Welcome back Sommey.

I agree - I thought they'd have gone for experience but Arteta has been learning from Pep for a good while. He knows the club and the people there. He might just be the right fit for a long term project and the fans are more likely to give him a bit of time to take the club forward.

The risk is that he'll be like Ole Gunnar and not really hit the heights he did as a player.

Hopefully fate brings him home to Ibrox in the last 16, we can take them!!

imaldoh

Post by imaldoh » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Not overly surprised, Arsenal are managed pretty badly, this rings true with how they have been run over the last few years.

Sommey

Post by Sommey » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:44 am

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:30 pm
Welcome back Sommey.

I agree - I thought they'd have gone for experience but Arteta has been learning from Pep for a good while. He knows the club and the people there. He might just be the right fit for a long term project and the fans are more likely to give him a bit of time to take the club forward.

The risk is that he'll be like Ole Gunnar and not really hit the heights he did as a player.

Hopefully fate brings him home to Ibrox in the last 16, we can take them!!
Cheers mate, yeah could go a bit like solskaer, ljunberg seemed to be really struggling as well. Depends on how much time and money he’s given as well.

Watp

Post by Watp » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Have to put that down to an ok start the main thing being keeping a clean sheet something they struggle with

Kelloblue

Post by Kelloblue » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Good luck to him, have always preferred Arsenal to Chelsea

imaldoh

Post by imaldoh » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:12 am

Seen a lot of people commenting on him sitting in the stands for the game at the weekend instead of addressing the team etc. I'm on the fence on that, I can see the benefits and I can also see the respect thing of letting Ljungberg deal with it due to him not having taken a single training session.

I seen something about Ozil having a major strop at being subbed at the weekend and for me, Arteta needs to get the best out of Ozil if he is going to make this work, as he isn't going anywhere on those massive wages he's on.

It's also interesting to see who he brings in as his backroom team, surely he isn't going to stick with the same guys that were there previously and allowed this rot to sink in at Arsenal.

Watp

Post by Watp » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:12 pm

First 45 last night they looked a totally different team Ozil was brilliant. Second half showed how much work he has to do there basics such as fitness levels are so poor off to a good start though

imaldoh

Post by imaldoh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Watp wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:12 pm
First 45 last night they looked a totally different team Ozil was brilliant. Second half showed how much work he has to do there basics such as fitness levels are so poor off to a good start though
Yeah, this is the main one he went on about, fitness.

It took Klopp about 6-8 months to get his Liverpool team up to the fitness levels and the pressing game he wanted to play, Arteta will be the same with this Arsenal team.

You can already see the difference he has made though.