Anyone else had their RTV account "blocked"?

For all Rangers FC First Team related discussions
Scott The Grey

Anyone else had their RTV account "blocked"?

Post by Scott The Grey » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Just discovered this when I tried to log-in to resubscribe for the year.

Normally I take the VPN enabled full whack subscription. My previous subs run from the start of April, so required renewal before the end of the season, but with circumstances this year I decided to wait a bit so I could be synced with the actual season itself.

But then I found this account blocked thing. When I try and register it tells me the email address is already in use so it doesn't look like just the expiration of the sub is the problem.

If it comes to it, I can easily re-register with a different email but I'd like to make sure they're not blocking VPN users somehow first, as that will affect the subscription I choose.

Mark

Re: Anyone else had their RTV account "blocked"?

Post by Mark » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Just a guess but I wonder if it’s in preparation for the Virtual Season tickets.

Realistically and in normal circumstances, I don’t think Rangers are too bothered about people using a VPN and the paying for RTV content. Now however, for them to push the virtual season tickets and make money from them, they’ll need to eliminate the alternative that someone can use a VPN and get the same content for significantly less.

blueguru

Re: Anyone else had their RTV account "blocked"?

Post by blueguru » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Account not blocked but they are refusing to let me renew on a monthly subscription, wanting UKP 240 up front for 12 months, else I can pay their inflated fees by the game. They can stick it where the sun don't shine. I'm writing to Robertson.