Livingston V Rangers - Match Thread

For all Rangers FC First Team related discussions
Mark

Livingston V Rangers - Match Thread

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:43 am

Livingston away has been a tough fixture for us of late but today is a huge opportunity to lay down a marker and show intent. If we can come up with the goods today then not only will we sit top of the league but we’ll have turned the pressure up on C****c.

Expecting the same team as V St Johnstone but with Helander in for the injured Balogun.

Watp

Re: Livingston V Rangers - Match Thread

Post by Watp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:03 am

Think it will be a tight game with the plastic pitch Playing a part. Just do what we have to to get the 3 points

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Team as expected but Arfield comes in for Aribo who must have a knock as not even on the bench. Big game for Arfield as he’s not really convinced me of late that he’s worthy of a starting position.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Plenty of passing but not a lot penetration so far.

Watp

Post by Watp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Boring as watching paint dry not even a shot on target against there 3rd choice keeper.
We still haven’t learned how to break the low block fearing the worst we will drop points here unless we up the tempo and start moving it quicker

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Can file that half under Meh. In total control but STILL don’t know how to break down teams sitting in. As soon as we get possession we are slow and allowing Livi to get everyone organised.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:31 pm

Annnnnd pressure back off C****c.

If Jack and Kamara played any deeper they’d be as well taking the gloves. Defenders running past them then passing back the way. I’d rather see Hagi in their position to actually do something with the ball.

I’ve defended Morelos long enough but he’s just not interested in battling for the jersey anymore.

I like Kamara but his strength is breaking up play as a DM. He’s not a ball playing CM.

Watp

Post by Watp » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Gerrard has to answer some serious question now first hurdle in a new season to really turn the screw on them and we shit it.
Way to slow in getting the ball forward no one happy to have a hit from distance and no plan b but the real worry is we have seen this all to often with Gerrards team.