Rangers TV - Organizational Debacle

For all Rangers FC First Team related discussions
blueguru

Rangers TV - Organizational Debacle

Post by blueguru » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:06 pm

There may have been moves at RTV to revamp their commentary team, but the new behind-the-scenes organization leaves very much to be desired. I have, for years, enjoyed a live monthly subscription and missed very few games. Now, this season, they have ended this facility and expect us overseas Bears to pay for the full season up front - around $300 for those of us in the US. Given the present economic climate some, including myself, can't afford such an outlay. I have been reduced to a lower monthly payment which should enable me to watch the games after midnight UK time, which is 7 pm here in PA. However even this seems to be too much for the new crew. Virtually all the pre-season games were not available to me at that time, even though they had been uploaded to the site. It seems that uploading them and making them available are not one and the same. Things improved for the first games of the season, but once again for the Killie game it reverted to non availability until sometime the following day. The support staff, in contrast to those of the previous contractor, seem disinterested, and more times than not fail to address issues brought to their attention.

Great news today. ESPN over here have bought the rights to live broadcast of Scottish football for the next 5 years at under $6 per month. I will be first in line. I'd rather support the club, but it is a two way thing. I expect those entrusted by the club to provide this service to also support me. Am I being unreasonable? I don't think so.

Sorry for the rant, but had to get this off my chest.

Jamie1c

Re: Rangers TV - Organizational Debacle

Post by Jamie1c » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:42 am

Definitely not being unreasonable, I would do the same if I were in your shoes.

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Re: Rangers TV - Organizational Debacle

Post by Jack Sparrow » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:00 pm

I'd definitely be complaining and raising the issues with the RTV team. If they don't get feedback they can't fix issues.