Rangers V Dundee Utd - Build Up and Match Thread

For all Rangers FC First Team related discussions
Mark

Rangers V Dundee Utd - Build Up and Match Thread

Post by Mark » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Really looking forward to this one! Plenty of bad blood over recent years before and during Admin.

Aribo is definitely out while McGregor and Barasic are carrying knock albeit Barasic is back in training now. Itten has also returned to full training.

SG spoke highly of the work Morelos has being doing over the international break and with little movement on the transfer front I wonder if he’s ready to refocus on Rangers.

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Re: Rangers V Dundee Utd - Build Up and Match Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:13 am

Likewise. Not good conditions today but hopefully DUFC under a manager who doesn't get Scottish football fully will come and try and play and not kick fuck out of us, which will suit us more. If they turn it into a war and sit 10 men behind we'll struggle as usual. They're building a half decent side as well so we need to be right up for it. An early goal or two, as ever, is the order of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjLslbbOMo < Gerrard Press Conference

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:06 am

I really hope we rattle these scum bags. C'mon the Gers!

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:12 pm

RANGERS: McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Hagi, Jack, Davis, Kent, Barker, Roofe, Balogan, Barisic.
SUBS: Firth, Bassey, Helander, Itten, Patterson, Kamara, Morelos, Stewart, Arfield

Harsh on Helander however he may benefit from a break having been involved through the week with Sweden.

I’d usually say I’ll take a 1-0 and the 3 points but today is one of those days I hope we take the hand brake off and get at them. Get Kent and Barker running at them from the off.

Then at 5-0 bring on Morelos and Itten....

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Mark wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:12 pm
RANGERS: McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Hagi, Jack, Davis, Kent, Barker, Roofe, Balogan, Barisic.
SUBS: Firth, Bassey, Helander, Itten, Patterson, Kamara, Morelos, Stewart, Arfield
Helander replaces Balogan in starting line up, after teams announced. Emma Dodds just said he pulled up in the warm up, not good. Edmundson onto the bench for Helander.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:01 pm

2-0 up and crushing in 2nd gear.

Loss of Jack and Barker not great but it’s not effected us in the slightest.

Another couple of goals hopefully.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:54 pm

4-0 and set a new clean sheet record.

Only disappointment is the injuries suffered. Not even a yellow for the assault on Morelos is baffling.

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:02 pm

An incredibly bad refereeing display which took the shine off an otherwise very accomplished performance. We've certainly set the bar high this year and the strength & depth of the squad is proving to be what we need to pull this run of form off. There seems to be a great togetherness and in a strange way I feel that the team playing without the pressure of the supporters is helping us somewhat. Hopefully if/when crowds go back we'll be far enough ahead that there is a decent atmosphere and it has the opposite effect on the other lot with their crowds turning on them.