Spam

For all Rangers FC First Team related discussions
Jamie1c

Spam

Post by Jamie1c » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Can something be done with all the spam shit on here..over running the forum.

Watp

Re: Spam

Post by Watp » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Agree would be good to get it all gone and get the forum more active

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Sorry lads, been slacking on deleting the Russian spam. Not sure what we can do to get the forum back up running. I hammered the twitter for months with some decent posts but unfortunately not too many sign ups - if any - off that. Same applies to DazzM running the FB.

Most of the regs have deserted us too, since the reboot.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:44 pm

Hopefully things will pick up again once the football gets going again. The downtime will ultimately have resulted in people looking for alternatives and some may not even be aware that GF is back.

Still the only Rangers/Forum I use so would be a shame to see it fade away.

LiverGers

Post by LiverGers » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Yeah sorry I haven't been posting; partly I guess due to not much going on here to reply to, the football world is quiet, and to be honest I'm so angry with Scottish football right now I just don't really want to engage with it. At least here is a safe space from the morons on Twitter.

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:44 am

LiverGers wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:26 pm
Yeah sorry I haven't been posting; partly I guess due to not much going on here to reply to, the football world is quiet, and to be honest I'm so angry with Scottish football right now I just don't really want to engage with it. At least here is a safe space from the morons on Twitter.
Yep but not the Russian spambots yet :lol:

bigbadbuff

Post by bigbadbuff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am

so what happened to the old gersforum then?

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:14 pm

bigbadbuff wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am
so what happened to the old gersforum then?
Mike who ran the forum previously asked me to take over the costs of hosting and registration of the domain name as he was going travelling and wouldn't be able to do anything with it after that. He left before we could get the hosting sorted but luckily i got the domain name transferred to me and renewed it for another couple of years. The hosting company wouldn't deal with me and AFAIK they've cancelled his account with them. Iggybumtastic set up new hosting and here we are.

gibson1314

Post by gibson1314 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:49 pm

I didn't realise the forum was back up until a few days ago after I won the FF league I looked it up. Hopefully it will busy up Rangersmedia and Follow Follow are full of mental folk who post all day.

xander1873

Post by xander1873 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:32 pm

When I first joined, the forum was quite vibrant and there were lots of debates, you had the usual characters who would at times be posting just to be controversial but these kinds of characters also stimulated debate. I forget a lot of their names, one guy I remember I think his name was Davo, I disagreed with him 90% of the time but it kept it interesting. I originally joined I think around 2006 or the start of 2007 and this was an active forum. However I think from 2008 to 2013 would have been the best years during my time on the forum, not the greatest time for the club certainly but plenty of discussion for the fans and the forum.

It's quite sad to see the forum so quiet, weeks can go by without new threads or current threads moving forward. When the old site went down I spent a few weeks trying to get on but after a while I think people get out of the habit of checking the forum and I am sure there will be many who still don't know about the new site. It's not anyone's fault the guys have obviously been trying to get the word out but it's just unfortunate.
Salvation is by Grace alone, through Faith alone in Christ alone according to Scripture alone for the Glory of God alone.

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm

I’ve tried to do some discussion on fb then link back to here, but FB algorithm doesn’t like links to forum threads, so having a wee think about a better approach.

Thinking I might pay to do some advertising on FB, but shall wait and see.