The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

For all non sport related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 pm

Criminal: UK - 3 part mini series on Netflix, all based around a police interview room, 3 different scenarios. Some really excellent acting, dialogue and filmography. For such a simple concept it's absolutely brilliant.

User avatar
imaldoh
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:51 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by imaldoh » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:37 am

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 pm
Criminal: UK - 3 part mini series on Netflix, all based around a police interview room, 3 different scenarios. Some really excellent acting, dialogue and filmography. For such a simple concept it's absolutely brilliant.
This is on my list to watch. They are going to grow this and it will take in other types from other countries.

User avatar
imaldoh
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:51 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by imaldoh » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

Just finished The Witcher.

I quite enjoyed it but they made some huge mistakes with the narrative by jumping all over their timeline and not explaining to anyone they were actually doing it. So much so that Netflix actually released a chart to explain it.

After 4 episodes it settled down a little though and finished pretty well.

Some TNA for those inclined that way too.

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm

imaldoh wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:37 am
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 pm
Criminal: UK - 3 part mini series on Netflix, all based around a police interview room, 3 different scenarios. Some really excellent acting, dialogue and filmography. For such a simple concept it's absolutely brilliant.
This is on my list to watch. They are going to grow this and it will take in other types from other countries.
Yeah it suggested the Spanish one next - it looked like exactly the same set but with Spanish actors, Netflix defaulted to dubbed English audio which I couldn't take seriously so haven't went with it yet.

I'm at S7E4 of Suits, starting to get a bit scunnered with it but I'll probably just binge watch the last 2 and half seasons just to get it over and done with.

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 pm

imaldoh wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am
Just finished The Witcher.

I quite enjoyed it but they made some huge mistakes with the narrative by jumping all over their timeline and not explaining to anyone they were actually doing it. So much so that Netflix actually released a chart to explain it.

After 4 episodes it settled down a little though and finished pretty well.

Some TNA for those inclined that way too.
It got slated on a daytime talk radio review I heard in the car last week. Made to be consistent with the PC game apparently, so anyone that knows the novels or game will love it. I'm not into fantasy genre though, couldn't stick GOT so something that's hard to get like this probably won't be for me.

User avatar
andyvxr
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by andyvxr » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 pm

I watched Dracula which i see has been given mixed reviews, i really enjoyed it and though Claes Bang was excellent as the man himself. The 3rd episode was a bit weird but still worth a watch

User avatar
imaldoh
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:51 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by imaldoh » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am

Just finished Jack Ryan season 2 on Prime Video.

Cracking show, kind of spy thriller, had John Krasinski as Ryan and one of the main characters from The Wire too. Well worth a watch if you have Prime.

User avatar
andyvxr
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by andyvxr » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:25 pm

imaldoh wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am
Just finished Jack Ryan season 2 on Prime Video.

Cracking show, kind of spy thriller, had John Krasinski as Ryan and one of the main characters from The Wire too. Well worth a watch if you have Prime.
Took me a while to get into season 1 but once it got going I enjoyed it.

PaulWill
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:10 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by PaulWill » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm

I watched Criminal UK over the weekend based on Jack's recommendation.

It is brilliantly done but doesn't have a beginning, a middle and an end for those that like everything wrapped up. It's the interview only and particularly with the first one regarding child abuse, you'll never know how the CPS or the courrt viewed the case.

The acting is first class.

User avatar
thelangloyal1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by thelangloyal1 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Hunters on amazon prime, ( Other illegal sources may be available. :roll: )

Al Pacino's character sets up a group to hunt down Nazis in 70's America.

Just two episodes in but it looks great with some funny one liners for such a serious subject.

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:24 am

Better Call Saul's new season is drip fed every Tuesday. 3 episodes in and it is class. I wish they'd just dropped all the episodes at once.

User avatar
imaldoh
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:51 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by imaldoh » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:33 pm

thelangloyal1 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm
Hunters on amazon prime, ( Other illegal sources may be available. :roll: )

Al Pacino's character sets up a group to hunt down Nazis in 70's America.

Just two episodes in but it looks great with some funny one liners for such a serious subject.
This is on my list as we enter quarantine time.

bigjobe
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by bigjobe » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:58 pm

thelangloyal1 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 pm
Hunters on amazon prime, ( Other illegal sources may be available. :roll: )

Al Pacino's character sets up a group to hunt down Nazis in 70's America.

Just two episodes in but it looks great with some funny one liners for such a serious subject.
This was a strange series.. an almost comic book approach to a very serious subject

bigjobe
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by bigjobe » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Just finished The Terror second series.
Really well done and with a background story of the Japanese interned in America during the second world war

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:22 pm

The Fall, with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan (Amazon Prime) is an excellent psychological thriller series, set in Belfast. He's a serial killer, she's the slightly-fucked up detective out to get him and the development of the story around both is really well done.

bigjobe
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by bigjobe » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:22 pm
The Fall, with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan (Amazon Prime) is an excellent psychological thriller series, set in Belfast. He's a serial killer, she's the slightly-fucked up detective out to get him and the development of the story around both is really well done.
Need to check if that's on amazon prime italy

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sat May 09, 2020 10:37 pm

As per usual, I'm years behind the curve. Just started Ozark and finishing off Season 1. Brilliant stuff.

User avatar
thelangloyal1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by thelangloyal1 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:14 pm

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:37 pm
As per usual, I'm years behind the curve. Just started Ozark and finishing off Season 1. Brilliant stuff.
One of the best shows on netflix mate.

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Yes, Ozark was class. Now started The Sinner with Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. Another slow burner but absolutely compelling after a few episodes.

User avatar
Jack Sparrow
Site Admin
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Re: The TV Show I Just Watched Thread

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:47 pm

The Sinner - 2 series both different plots (kinda like True Detective was) - absolutely compelling.

Now on Seven Seconds - quite topical with a dead black kid killed by cops/cover up story but surprisingly it isn't as 'woke' as I thought. It's really gripping.

Post Reply