Happy new year all

thelangloyal1

Re: Happy New Year

Post by thelangloyal1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Here's to a great 2020.

xander1873

Post by xander1873 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:58 pm

Happy New Year and all the best for 2020 everyone, so glad the forum is back up and running I wouldn't be on any other forum. Well done to the guys for all their hard work.
Salvation is by Grace alone, through Faith alone in Christ alone according to Scripture alone for the Glory of God alone.

imaldoh

Post by imaldoh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Happy new year folks.

Can't wait to get going this year, moving to a new house in 6 weeks and then got twins due about a month later.

bigjobe

Post by bigjobe » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Happy New Year to all
Sorry to he so late but only just discovered that the forum was back up and running

JanBartram

Post by JanBartram » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:45 pm

Happy New Years guys.

I stumbled back across the forum. Fired up an old lap top, tapped on the icon for Gers Forum and here it was - live again. Thought it was long gone. Probably if there was an email sent out when it went back up it would be a wee bit more lively than it currently seems to be.

Like all things Gers it can come back up again if we keep at it.

Jack Sparrow
Site Admin

Post by Jack Sparrow » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:30 am

JanBartram wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:45 pm
Happy New Years guys.

I stumbled back across the forum. Fired up an old lap top, tapped on the icon for Gers Forum and here it was - live again. Thought it was long gone. Probably if there was an email sent out when it went back up it would be a wee bit more lively than it currently seems to be.

Like all things Gers it can come back up again if we keep at it.
Hi Jan.

We lost the previous version to the hosting company who wouldn't deal with me when Mike left it. Unfortunately everyone had to register and we started from scratch here. We didn't have a mailing list or all the email addresses and after 6 weeks or so of downtime most had given up. Mega thanks to Iggy for getting us back up and running with a useable forum. We did put the word out on social media and made an effort to get back posting (myself on Twitter, DazzM on FB) and re-advertise the forum but not many folk caught back on. We went for a few months until it died off again.

Social media is much more convenient for folks these days and I don't see GF getting back to its former self any time soon as you can probably see from the lack of activity.

I'll keep it in this state until I hear back from Mike and lets hope he has a spare DB stashed away from the point he left it and we can restore the previous version. I will keep the domain and renew it when the time comes in hope.

Maybe around the time of the league title we can focus on a proper #55 / posting reunion title party thread.